The Old Stone Inn dates back to the turn of the century. This quaint stone building began life in 1904 as one of the regions leading flour mills. Built originally as a three-storey structure, the cornerstone was laid on July 4 in 1904.
The Flour Mill, called Niagara Falls Milling Co., produced products that were household names including Gold Dust and Niagara Spray. Years followed and by 1912, the company went bankrupt and the Urschel Bates Valve-Bag Co. had moved into the building. Within 12 years, the building had a major fire to which only the walls and flooring remained. The Flour Mill is now the name of the onsite restaurant within the Inn.